Fresh off the Outdoor Retailer + Snow Show in Denver, one product line that caught our eyes was the new “Trooper” line of rugged soft-sided coolers introduced by OtterBox. Building on the momentum of the “Venture” Cooler and “Elevation” Tumbler launch last year, Trooper boasts some expertly engineered features like extra-wide straps for easy carry and external pockets to keep your valuables in an easy-to-reach, water-resistant sealed pouch.
“OtterBox launched 20 years ago to solve a pain point for outdoor enthusiasts, and the Trooper line continues that tradition,” said OtterBox CEO Jim Parke. “Every new product from our engineers leverages decades of expertise in design and engineering to bring to market premium products from a brand you trust.”
Trooper soft-side coolers incorporate premium-grade thermal insulation and trusted OtterBox durability. Each design is rated IP-65 to protect against rushing rapids, features a heavy duty base to protect against abrasion and keep ice for up to 3 or more days. A mounting system allows for attachment of accessories like a bottle opener or a drybox – just like the Venture Coolers. Trooper is available in two designs with unique features:
Trooper LT 30
- A largemouth opening makes for easy loading and unloading with an easy-open latch.
- Two-inch wide padded carrying straps that convert easily between shoulder- and backpack-carry styles.
- Thirty-quart capacity and two exterior pockets with water-resistant zippers add extra storage.
- An easy-access flip top lid stays open when needed with a latch that can be opened single-handedly.
- A two-inch wide padded carrying strap is comfortable to carry wherever it goes.
- Twenty-quart capacity and one exterior pocket with a water-resistant zipper provides added storage.
Trooper LT 30 and 20, starting at $299 and $249, come with an included bottle opener and are available now in Hazy Harbor (white and blue), Alpine Ascent (tan and green) and Forest Edge (Realtree Xtra camo).
All products are covered by OtterBox Limited Lifetime Warranty.