The Foreign and Private Label Sales Manager is responsible for the sales, gross margin, strategic direction, and growth of these markets. This Sales Manager will develop and deliver disciplined sales reporting, strategically evaluate markets, and create the strategies and tactics to achieve agreed upon growth goals. This individual will review the competition, make decisions to maximize distribution, and maintain a solid relationship and understanding with each of their accounts and distribution base.
This position reports directly to the Director of Wholesale (currently the President of SA/Ross).
This position has a key communication role within the company and interfaces daily or routinely with:
- Foreign distributors, foreign independent dealers and all private label customers domestic and abroad
- Internal distribution and sales
- Internal Customer Service Representatives.
- Advertising and Creative management (3rd party or in house)
- Scientific Anglers / Ross Reels marketing as needed
- Information Technology (IT)
- All executive leaders/managers within the company
Key Performance Measurements:
- Foreign Sales that drives a 20% increase in revenues and contribution.
- Strategically implements a vision with strategies and tactics to drive sales and distribution.
- Accountable for all relationship building in foreign markets and with private label customers domestic and abroad.
- Sales goals to foreign and private label accounts.
- Identifying prospective new markets and opening new distribution/dealerships to address these markets.
- Educating sales staff at individual accounts on the technical features and benefits of Scientific Angler and Ross product versus the competition.
- Ongoing communication focused on top accounts but covering all.
- Personal visits/sales calls to key accounts and businesses throughout the season.
- Identify opinion leading guides and/or outfitters within the territory and ensure that they are informed of new and existing Scientific Anglers and Ross product.
- Provide timely resolution of dealer customer service issues.
- Ensure products are merchandised attractively and prominently within each dealership.
- Provide support on special dealer projects and events as needed.
- Attend and support dealers at consumer shows within the territory.
- Attend trade shows and sales meetings as needed.
- Provide relevant product sales trends to Marketing and R&D managers
Skill Set Expectations:
- 5 years experience or more in the Fly Fishing Business with a bias to understanding Foreign Business.
- Travel experience required.
- Experience in sales either as a representative in the field or in retail.
- Good networking capabilities both internally and externally.
- Market/Industry expertise
- High personal integrity
- Skilled written and verbal communicator who enjoys/desires opportunities to internally and externally represent the business.
Interested parties can contact Jim Lepage at [email protected]