NFSP has full grants available for nine schools wishing to bring the “Cast A Lure, Catch A Student” spincasting curriculum to their students this fall. Grants are courtesy of the Brunswick Foundation and the Fish America Foundation via our Fishing Education Foundation. They are valued at $2750.
These grants are available only to schools in these 10 states: Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin.
For the first 9 schools to successfully apply below and qualify, this grant will include:
- Online training/certification for 1-2 teachers on our LMS, NFSP CAST
- Curriculum/lesson plans on the LMS – for both teachers and students
- CALCAS Curriculum Kit – all equipment for a class up to 20
- Agree to teach the program for a minimum of 3 years by executing a memorandum of understanding
- Complete the training this fall
- Begin to instruct the program this fall, not later than November 30, 2022
- Agree to submit photographs of program activities (details are spelled out in the MOU sent via email after acceptance of the grant)
Schools are welcomed/encouraged to apply, even if you are not resident in these above-mentioned states. You will be then be “in the queue” for other funding opportunities as they become available.