Associate Marketing Manager
North Point Brands, LLC; DBA Cheeky Fishing & Wingo Outdoors
North Adams, MA / Missoula, MT. North Point Brands is headquartered in North Adams, MA and its Chief Marketing Officer works out of Missoula, Montana. It is desirable to have the Associate Marketing Manager (AMM) work in an office setting in North Adams or Missoula, but hybrid and remote work is a possibility for the right candidate.
Founded in 2009, Cheeky Fishing develops, manufactures, markets and sells high performance fishing reels, equipment and apparel. The company is dedicated to pushing the limits of product design to create fly fishing equipment that specifically aligns with the demands of a growing demographic of progressive anglers. To that end, the company launched a second brand in 2014, Wingo Outdoors, a manufacturer of belts, accessories and pet products geared towards outdoor and fishing enthusiasts. Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors are co-located in North Adams, MA and run side-by-side under the parent entity North Point Brands. The AMM contributes to both brands.
Cheeky and Wingo currently distribute product on six continents through a robust dealer network of specialty fishing, outdoor and “Big Box” retailers, as well as an online direct-to-consumer platform. Our company culture values a professional and responsible “work hard, play hard” mentality and a relentless passion for business growth. If you can’t maintain a great attitude while contributing to the company’s growth in any way you can, this position is not for you.
Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors are seeking a full-time AMM who will assume a lead role in the company’s marketing functions. This position is ideal for individuals who thrive in a fast- paced, entrepreneurial work environment who can maintain a great attitude while tackling many projects. The position is demanding and provides an opportunity to learn and develop a wide variety of business skills. If you’re not willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, this position is not for you.
A strong applicant would flourish in an entrepreneurial setting, have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to manage and tackle multiple projects simultaneously and independently. It is critical that the individual is highly motivated, dedicated to their work, and detail oriented. The AMM will work closely with the company’s CMO.
On average, the AMM position requires 40-50 hours per week, but the right candidate will be willing to put the time in necessary to get the job done, including working some nights and weekends. Some travel will also be required, particularly relating to fishing/outdoors events and
trade shows. We consider ourselves brand warriors; we are willing to make commitments and tackle whatever obstacles may be in the way of growing the brand.
- Management of social media accounts. Will be accountable for follower growth and engagement for both Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors. This includes development of social media campaigns, giveaways, and
- Marketing Project Management: the candidate must be able to take a project or marketing campaign from inception to completion. This may include:
- Creation of a calendarized project plan, with deliverables that showcase the strategic importance of the
- Execution of plan utilizing all assets at their disposal, both internally and externally, while staying within budget.
- Reporting of campaign or project along the way and upon completion.
- Maintaining product and lifestyle photography and video for the full assortment of Cheeky and Wingo products, including asset preparation for new product This includes creating, editing and building industry relationships with content creators.
- Manage Cheekyfishing.com and Wingooutdoors.com webstores including the ability to build pages, add photography and work with developers to upgrade and optimize the
- Manage marketing assets for the company, including the secure and safe digital storage of such assets for easy accessibility by the team. This includes logos, product photography, lifestyle photography, videography and other digital/physical
- Professionally and knowledgably representing the company at customer facing events and industry trade
- Usage of Google Analytics and other analytical tools to bring a data driven approach to all functions mentioned above.
- Engagement with industry professionals, guides, outfitters, lodges and other industry influencers to promote and enhance the Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors brands. This includes “Pro Program” management and identification of key industry professionals to represent the brands.
- Capable of working closely with other functions of the business (for example, sales and operations) as well as a demonstrated ability to manage external partners including
Qualifications and Experience:
The AMM position requires a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a related field. While the position is challenging and requires a passion for business and fishing, we do not expect candidates to have prior experience in every area listed above. The position is an opportunity to develop and learn new skills with the mentorship of seasoned business leaders.
If you are applying for this position, you are:
- Experienced with social media platforms
- Experienced with Shopify
- Experienced with InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier, Final Cut or similar is a plus
- Experienced with Klaviyo or similar email programs is a plus
- Experienced with Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organized with the ability to manage up and down
- Extremely dedicated to your work
- Highly motivated with a track record of rolling up your sleeves to “get stuff done”
- An excellent writer
- Interested in developing further career skills
- Someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing projects
- Passionate about fishing and the outdoors
Please submit both a resume and cover letter to [email protected] as soon as possible. The company will review all applications immediately and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.