While some shops are just now starting to climb out of the hole caused by the pandemic, others did report dramatic increases in online sales. People kept fishing. License sales increased in many places. And for a sense of scale, consider these numbers from Fishbrain (www.fishbrain.com), a social network for anglers, that sells through in-app and web-based shop.
Sales of items including baits & lures, rods, boat accessories, and reels, increased 93% from February to March, and then soared by 307% from March to April.
Data reveals that the state of Texas has witnessed a 335% increase in Fishbrain Shop users and a 300% rise in revenue. Meanwhile, Florida and New York have seen the greatest revenue rises, of 650% and 840%, respectively. A breakdown of the Top 5 products which have been purchased most frequently since the beginning of lockdown, can be found below.
- Non-Tipping Can Cooler, +1045%.
- Favourite fishing FIRE CASTING COMBO, +2800%.
- Abu Garcia® Revo® X Baitcast Combo, +2230%.
- Fishbrain Fishing Buff – Camo, +8300%. (This is being used as a face protector)
- Ugly Stik® GX2™ Spinning Combo, +3800%.