WE’RE HIRING! COME AND JOIN THE TROUTS FLY FISHING TEAM
Education & Outfitting Manager – Colorado
Trouts Fly Fishing, a multi-location fly fishing outfitter based in Colorado is looking to fill an Education & Outfitting Manager position for all of its operations.
The Education & Outfitting Manager position at Trouts Fly Fishing requires an individual that has a passion for the sport of Fly Fishing and a desire and ability to recruit, educate and retain new anglers through their evolution in the sport. A successful applicant will have extensive fly fishing experience, where any previous work experience within the Fly Fishing Industry is a plus. This person should also be an enthusiastic, high energy, self-starting, creative leader and team player, with a strong emphasis on customer service. We are looking for a person that has the ability to multi-task, has strong people skills, especially as it relates to customer service and is a relationship builder. Honesty, loyalty and a positive attitude is a given. Experience is a must for this level of management, and we will also extensively train the right person. The ability to think creatively and communicate effectively is critical. The Candidate will provide direct assistance to the President, Chief Operations Manager (COM), and Regional Store Managers, with a focus on building and maintaining a year-round educational program, all while maintaining the day-to-day outfitting operations at all Trouts locations. Additionally, the person will provide customer sales support within our retail operations.
- Book guided fly fishing trip and classes for all Trouts Fly Fishing locations
- Oversee, plan and implement the Trouts Fly Fishing Educational Curriculum for online and all retail locations
- Ensure all guided trips and classes are assigned and confirmed by guides
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting for all Outfitting and Education revenue
- Monitor all client follow up communication by the guide(s) following every trip and class
- Assist on sales floor as needed
- Teach in-store and on-water classes and seminars
- Process and submit all guide payroll
- Oversee, manage, hire and train the Trouts guide staff
- Manage all outfitting gear and inventory
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the Trouts Management team
- Previous experience in education and/or fly fishing specific education
- Previous guiding experience is preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, basic web applications, POS systems, etc.
- Intimate knowledge of Colorado and Front Range fisheries
Compensation – Full Time, year-round salaried position.
- Compensation based on experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Potential for performance-based bonuses
- Pro-forms and in-store discounts
How to Apply: please send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Once these are received, a detailed Application for Employment will be sent to the interested applicant. Final candidates will be contacted for a phone or in-person interview, depending on your location.