From Howler Brothers:
Howler Brothers is growing and looking for creative, hard-working people to join our team in Austin, Texas. We are seeking a Men’s Apparel Designer to oversee our apparel design and help us take our product design department to the next level.
As the Men’s Apparel Designer, you will work closely with the Creative Director to develop strategy and scope of our seasonal cut and sew collection that is consistent with market trends and Howler’s brand aesthetic. You will be responsible for managing the design process from conception to implementation – including fabric development, trim selection, and establishing fit and size specs. You will execute tech packs and other documentation and work with factories through the sampling and design development process. As a young company, we are looking to build a top-notch design team and want your expertise as a team leader as we continue to build the design department.
- Have a minimum of five years experience in the design industry and a strong passion for men’s apparel design
- Have a deep understanding of garment construction, fabric development, fit standards, grading and specification packages
- Are an expert in Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel and can create detailed tech packs
- Thrive in a fast-paced, self-motivated work environment
- Are willing to work outside your job description when it’s the best thing for the company
- Are looking to join a team that is engaging, fulfilling, enthusiastic, and passionate
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also appreciate the need for free time
- Value enthusiasm, willingness, judgment, collaboration and positive energy
- Want someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, responsible and creative
- Believe that we are building something special and awesome
- Will offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, fun activities, awesome co-workers and the rare “brotherhood” atmosphere that values individuality
- Want to hear form you.