From: The Compleat Angler:
Company: Compleat Angler is the leading full service fly fishing shop in Fairfield County Connecticut (30 miles from New York City). Compleatangleronline.com is the store’s website. The website currently has limited content and functionality which supports the store, including local fishing reports, a blog and email capture. Compleat Angler is looking for a full time product owner to work with contract engineers to:
- Execute on an existing content strategy to build a national audience for the website and participate in developing ongoing strategy
- Build traffic through email, search and third party distribution
- Monetize traffic through ecommerce and advertising (ecommerce functionality provided initially by third party through an affiliate relationship)
- Build the brand
The position will report to the owner of the business, will be responsible for all aspects of developing the website and will collaborate with the store manager to leverage his expertise and the assets of the store.
Compensation: Salary, Profit Sharing, Health Benefits
- At least 2 years experience working in consumer internet or in consumer products or services with online distribution
- Need not be an engineer but must have working familiarity with primary operating systems, APIs, key traffic sources and online advertising business models
- Online product management, design or online marketing experience a plus
- Ability to take initiative, work unsupervised and take ownership of website and third party relationships
- Passion for fly fishing a real positive; could be a good fit for web savvy fly fishing guide or retail employee
About the Owner: Compleat Angler is owned by a private investment company that focuses on value-add investments in consumer internet businesses. The principal owner is a devoted fly fisherman and has substantial experience managing and investing in scaled ecommerce business.
Contact: [email protected]