Seasonal (May – September) Full Time hourly position with potential to become Year Round.
About Us: Born of the merger of High Country Flies and Jack Dennis Sports, established in 1974 and 1972 respectively, we have been serving the needs of local and visiting anglers in the Jackson Hole area for over four decades. JD High Country Outfitters is founded on the principles of consistently offering the finest products in the industry, combined with an emphasis on knowledgeable staff and excellent customer service. Located on the town square in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, we are a complete Outdoor Store with Fishing, Hunting, Camping and Outdoor clothing departments. www.jdhcoutfitters.com
Position: We are in need of knowledgeable and enthusiastic fly shop employees that have a strong work ethic, are dependable and self-motivated to provide our customers with the highest level of service. We offer a fun, but demanding, work environment that requires employees to be professional and work well with others on the “team”.
– Assisting customers with all fishing needs
– Educate and suggest gear for purchase in shop
– Rigging and maintaining customer gear
– Demonstrate knots, casting and fly fishing technique
– Providing customer with accurate local fishing information
– Sell and book guided fishing trips and casting lessons
– Check out/Check in rental equipment. Maintain rental equipment
– Sell licenses
– Writing fishing reports for in store display and website
– Assist with receiving, pricing and merchandising inventory
– Maintain a well merchandised and presentable retail environment
– Opening/Closing of POS and reconciliation
– Excellent Customer Service skills
– Present yourself in professional manner
– Friendly, outgoing and able to work well with others
– Knowledge of fly fishing, flies and products
– Basic Computer skills
– Multi Task in fast paced work environment
– Ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays
– Physical demands of being on feet all day, and ability to lift 50lbs.
– Knowledge of fly tying a plus
– Knowledge of camping, hunting and firearms a big plus
Compensation: Hourly pay DOE.
Perks include equipment sales promotions, employee purchase programs, monthly store wide sales performance bonuses. The biggest perk is living and working in one the best fly fishing destinations in the world.
How to Apply: Please send us your resume to begin the application process. Position finalists will be contacted for phone or in person interview, depending on your location. Resumes and any questions can be sent to [email protected]