Starting in January 2015, World Fishing Network brings the powerful print fishing brand to the screen with Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die, taking viewers to some of the world’s premiere fly fishing destinations.
Author Chris Santella has amassed a list of premiere fly fishing destinations around the globe in Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die and his follow-up, Fifty More Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (both from Stewart, Tabori & Chang, an imprint of Abrams Books). Both highlight what makes each locale so special and are underscored by a colorful cast of fly fishing luminaries who help to explain the allure of these extraordinary venues. In fact, with over 120,000 hard cover copies in print since first released in 2004, Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die is one of the most successful fly fishing books of the new millennium.
Hosted by Conway Bowman, recognized for his pioneering efforts to catch mako sharks off the Southern California coast, Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die will not only visit the locations but will feature anglers profiled in the book, providing bothinsider knowledge and a strong sense of the intangible appeal of each setting. Season One episodes will include:
- Alaska: Rainbow trout and silver salmon around Bristol Bay with Chris Wood, CEO of Trout Unlimited.
- Florida: Permit off the Florida Keys with Sandy Moret.
- Iceland: Atlantic salmon on the Laxa in Adaldal with Mike Fitzgerald, Jr., president of Frontiers International Travel.
- Montana: Brown and rainbow trout on the Madison River with Craig Mathews.
- The Bahamas: Bonefish off North Andros Island with Brian O’Keefe.
- Virginia: Smallmouth bass on the Shenandoah River with Harry Murray.
Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die immerses the viewer into the true character of each destination not only through fishing, but also by exploring the history of the fishery, its cultural attributes, geography and much more. Everything from nearby ancient ruins to the go-to place for post-fishing storytelling and local character is explored as viewers come away inspired to gear up and pack their bags for a new adventure.