From Steel Flex:
Territory Available: Looking for sales representatives in select U.S. and Canadian territories. Please identify the states/provinces in your region in your cover letter.
Product Line Description: Steel-Flex Puncture Resistant Insole
The Company: For more than 50 years, Swenco Limited (the parent company of Steel-Flex Protective Products ) has been North America’s largest manufacturer and most trusted supplier of engineered safety components used in most recognised brands of safety footwear, including Honeywell, Kodiak, Timberland, Dakota, Terra, STC, Red Wing, Baffin, and many others.
In a few short words… “We eat, breathe and sleep safety footwear and their components”
This devotion to safety and to continued innovation in the industry; makes us proud to announce a unique solution to the hunting and fishing industries – Steel-Flex© Puncture Resistant Insoles. Steel-Flex© Puncture Resistant Insoles are extremely light and comfortable, and can be worn continuously in regular rubber boots or when extra protection is needed in your waders.
Steel-Flex Protective Products independent sales representatives are responsible for selling Steel-Flex Protective Products through fly fishing and hunting retailers in assigned territories. Independent sales representatives are responsible for ensuring business development and growth in their territory. Independent sales representatives manage all aspects of accounts within their territory by:
1) developing and implementing sales strategies,
2) working closely with retailers to establish relationships and sales goals,
3) collaborating with Steel-Flex Protective Products to support dealer sales within their region, and;
4) coordinating with Steel-Flex Protective Products to convey sales progress, trends and product feedback.
Steel-Flex Protective Products prides itself on customer service, and the sales team is no exception. Independent sales representatives must maintain an exceptional level of customer service for each account, which will include regular check-ins with buyers, store managers and/or owners.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Account development and management
- Development and implementation of sales plans
- Account customer service and communications
- Industry event attendance and participation
- Special product showings
- Sales reports and financial planning
- Coordination with Steel-Flex Protective Products
- Reporting sales progress and leads
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of fly fishing or hunting industry sales representative experience
- Extensive experience in fly fishing or hunting industries
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Ability to travel to take meetings face-to-face anywhere within assigned territory
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who shares Steel-Flex Protective Products’ passion for providing high-quality products that protect the consumer
- Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset that is interested in becoming a core component of a rapidly growing company
- A person with exceptional communication skills. We are looking for someone who is responsible, responsive and understands how to provide excellent customer service
- Someone who is motivated and hungry to develop new accounts for Steel-Flex Protective Products
Submit by email to [email protected]:
1) a cover letter explaining your interest in representing Steel-Flex Protective Products and its products that includes the states/provinces in your region,
2) your resume or CV, and;
3) two references from previous positions (ideally within the fly fishing and hunting industries). We will not review your application if you have not submitted all required items.
Position is commission based and competitive within the fly fishing and hunting industries. Independent sales representatives are independent contractors and are not employees of Steel-Flex Protective Products.