From Morris Media:
Send letter of introduction and resume to Steve Walburn at [email protected].
This associate editor position will have responsibility for online, social, and tablet product development as well as working an advertising sales territory for American Angler and Fly Tyer magazines. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills and a strong interest in fly fishing and hunting with a desire to innovate and articulate digital products that increase audience share and create sales opportunities.
- Develop and update content across social media, websites, and mobile for three leading fly fishing and hunting publications.
- Work with IT team to execute web enhancements, email newsletters, and other digital initiatives.
- Help create and manage digital sales strategy for entire sales team.
- Assist with print editorial and production as needed.
- Create original video and photography to compliment digital strategy.
- Manage existing sales territory within the fly fishing industry while cultivating database of contacts and key decision makers.
- Assist ad clients with all phases of advertising, from order entry to tear sheets.
- Travel to industry trade show and meet with advertising clients.
- Report to general manager.
- Journalism/marketing degree preferred, or one to two years of experience on newspaper or magazine.
- Familiar with website development and analytics tools, Joomla preferred.
- Some sales experience preferred, but will train highly motivated candidates with a desire to sell and develop new business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office and Adobe publishing tools.
- Passion for fly fishing and other field sports required, and contacts within those industries preferred.
- Video and photography skills a plus.
- Competitive base salary plus commission.
- Medical, dental, life insurance.
- 401k plan.