From Flymen Fishing Company:
Flymen Fishing Company today announced the expansion of their Sculpin Helmet range with the launch of the new “Mini.”
The Mini Sculpin Helmet is an exciting, smaller version of the popular Fish-Skull® Sculpin Helmet that has been specially developed for tying a broad range of freshwater and saltwater flies.
Key Features Include:
- A smaller and lighter Sculpin Helmet.
- Fits hooks in the #10 up to #2 hook size range.
- Innovative new weed guard feature.
- Larger, more prominent Living Eyes™.
- Freshwater & saltwater colors — olive, brown, silver
- Realistic flat and broad profile.
- Innovative front-fitting design makes it quick and easy to tie.
- Designed with a heavily weighted keel (bottom of the Sculpin Helmet) ensures your flies always swim in the hook-up position.
- Front slot designed for hooks and tube flies.
“The Mini is the newest addition to the Sculpin Helmet family and is perfect for tying smaller, weighted streamers to target freshwater species such as trout and saltwater flats species such as bonefish and redfish,” said Martin Bawden, CEO of Flymen Fishing Company.
“The smaller head is much lighter and about the same width as standard size bead-chain eyes. This makes for easier casting and allows the fly to enter the water with less disturbance than heavier versions or dumbbells. In addition, the Mini Sculpin Helmet has an innovative new weed guard feature and is designed to fit a much larger range of hook sizes,” Bawden added.
Fish-Skulls® and Sculpin Helmets® are 100% manufactured in the USA. All of our products are available through authorized fly shops and outdoor retailers, as well as the Flymen Fishing Company website.