Start Date: May 23, 2023
Apply/Send Resume: [email protected]
The Tackle Shop, located along the Madison River in Ennis Montana was established in 1937 and is the oldest operating fly shop in Montana. We are a full Orvis endorsed dealer and outfitter along with all the other major fishing brands. We operate an outfitting business out of the store on the Madison River along with Yellowstone National Park, the Blackfoot, Bitterroot, Missouri, Clark Fork, Jefferson and Big Hole Rivers. We operate an online store as well as a website for advertising purposes that has a blog, fishing report, as well as online links to our social media platforms.
We are looking for a talented individual to help work with our already great team in our retail fly shop. The ideal candidate would be a self starter, creative thinker and a fly fisherman. Our fast paced fly shop requires someone who has great customer service skills, computer skills as well as a strong desire to help others. The ideal candidate shall have the goal of eventually becoming a guide for the shop or the desire to stick around full time as the shop supervisor/assistant manager. The opportunity for a full time position at the shop will be available to the right hard working individual and can be discussed following the 23 summer season.
• Work regular shifts in the fly shop
• Help customers with fishing needs and provide the best customer service.
• Work 40 hr week
• Working knowledge of fly fishing gear
• Computer literate
• Great attitude and awesome customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• A team player that is not afraid of hard work
• A self starting individual always looking for the opportunity to learn something new
• This is not a guide job, and this person will not be expected to guide. However, the goal will be for
the person to become a guide or full time shop employee (Shop Supervisor/Assistant Manager).
• Ability to assist in casting and fishing instruction. (Fly Fishing 101 Lessons)
• Almost all of our guides started with a year in the store. We have a store drift boat so that perspective guides can gain experience in preparation to moving into a guide role the second year.
• Competitive wages and opportunities for tips
• Seasonal employee housing available upon request
• Ample time off for fishing and other outdoor activities around the area
• Access to company drift boat on days off
• The opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced guides in Montana
• A fun and exciting place to work and live right on the Madison River
• Discounted Fly Fishing Gear
• Career opportunity offered with the shop following the 23-summer season as a guide or full time
We would love to have you be apart of The Tackle Shop team and please reach out with any questions. We are open seven days a week. Ask for Riley or John if you would like to reach out.
If you are interested, please send resume/cover letter attention Riley to [email protected].
A great job with competitive wages, benefits, and self growing opportunities.