Wholesale and Custom Sales Operative
North Point Brands, LLC; DBA Cheeky Fishing & Wingo Outdoors
North Adams, MA
Founded in 2009, Cheeky Fishing develops, manufactures, markets and sells high performance fishing reels, equipment and apparel. The company is dedicated to pushing the limits of product design to create fly fishing equipment that specifically aligns with the demands of a growing demographic of progressive anglers. To that end, the company launched a second brand in 2014, Wingo Outdoors, a manufacturer of belts, accessories and pet products geared towards outdoor and fishing enthusiasts. Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors are co-located in North Adams, MA and run side-by-side under the parent entity North Point Brands. The Wholesale and Custom Sales Operative (WCSO) role contributes to both brands.
Cheeky and Wingo currently distribute product on six continents through a robust dealer network of specialty fishing, outdoor and “Big Box” retailers, as well as an online direct-to-consumer platform. Our company culture values a professional and responsible “work hard, play hard” mentality and a relentless passion for business growth. If you can’t maintain a great attitude while contributing to the company’s growth in any way you can, this position is not for you.
Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Outdoors are seeking a full-time Wholesale and Custom Sales Operative (WCSO) who will assume a lead role in the company’s wholesale and custom sales function. This position is ideal for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment who understand the importance of sales and account management/service in a small, fast growing business. The WCSO position requires an individual who’s all about team success. If you’re just in it to meet your sales quota and cash the checks, please do not apply.
An ideal candidate will have sales experience in the fly fishing industry, be a team player, and have a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done; no task is too large or small. An excellent candidate would flourish in an entrepreneurial setting, excel in relationship/account management, and have extraordinary people skills. It is critical that the individual is highly motivated, dedicated to their work, and detail oriented. The WCSO will manage the company’s wholesale and custom sales funnel, and therefore will work closely with the company’s marketing, customer service, operations, and fulfillment staff as well as the CMO and CEO.
On average, the WCSO position requires 50-60 hours per week, but the right candidate will be willing to put the time in necessary to get the job done, including working some nights and weekends. Travel (~20%) will also be required, particularly relating to account management, fishing/outdoors events, and trade shows.
The core function of the WCSO role is to attract new wholesale/custom business and build upon relationships with existing accounts. The WCSO is an in-house sales position and is fully dedicated to the sales function of the business; there will be minimal push or pull from other business functions ensuring a total focus on sales. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
At North Point Brands, our dealers are an integral part of our business. We pride ourselves on top-notch dealer customer service and identifying ways to help them turn inventory
quickly. Responsibilities include:
- Management of and regular communication with all current wholesale accounts. The WCSO is the point of contact for all existing dealers
- Determine how to expand and build business with existing dealers through new sales programs, preseason programs, enhanced communication opportunities, event presence, POS merchandising, dealer training/support, etc.
- Process and run orders from wholesale customers
- Interface with CEO and CMO to determine and deploy an independent rep strategy in
various regions of the country
- Ability to ideate new, effective sales strategies to support a growing dealer network
At North Point Brands, we are adding new accounts very fast. Getting new dealers up to speed quickly and impressing them with our responsiveness is paramount. We make it easy for our dealers by breaking barriers like no minimum orders, no credit checks and speedy delivery. We are seeking a candidate who moves as fast as we do. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and work new account leads daily. This will include sales calls, travel, lead development, and deployment of top-of-funnel sales techniques to interact and engage with new accounts
- Conversion of new accounts monthly; the WCSO must be effective at moving accounts through the sale funnel to conversion
- Represent the company at industry events, sales meetings, and trade shows with the goal of attracting new wholesale business
North Point Brands has a robust private label business, especially at Wingo Outdoors, which makes everyone a potential customer. Thinking about avenues to push custom products that fall outside of our normal dealer distribution channel is essential (i.e. breweries, sports franchises, private businesses, etc.). Responsibilities include:
• Management of and regular communication with all current custom accounts. The WCSO is the point of contact for all existing custom accounts
• Process and run orders for custom accounts, which may include liaising with designers to ensure client’s custom designs meet proper production specifications
• Develop and work new custom account leads daily. This will include sales calls, travel, lead development, and deployment of top-of-funnel sales techniques to interact and engage with new custom accounts
- Conversion of new custom accounts monthly; the WCSO must be effective at moving accounts through the sale funnel to conversion
- Think outside the box for new distribution channels in other markets (golf, ski, hunt, etc.). There is huge potential for growth of our custom channel, particularly for Wingo Outdoors
Qualifications and Experience:
- The WCSO position requires a minimum of 3-7 years of work experience in a related field (specific experience in fly fishing industry sales is a plus, but not required); compensation is commensurate with experience. While the WCSO position is challenging and requires a passion for business and fishing, we do not expect candidates to have prior experience in every area listed above. The WCSO position is an opportunity to develop and learn new skills with the mentorship of seasoned entrepreneurs experienced in the outdoor industry.
If you are applying for this position, you are:
- Highly organized
- Extremely dedicated to your work
- Prideful in the work you have accomplished
- Highly motivated with a track record of rolling up your sleeves to “get stuff done”
- A bold lead generator with excellent follow through
- Someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and willing to think differently
- Data driven, but you also have good instincts
- Not a “yes” person
- Good at math
- Able to structure sales programs and propose to leadership
- A team player with strong leadership skills and uncompromising ethics
- Experienced with Excel and PowerPoint
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. It will include both a base salary and a metric driven bonus structure.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter to [email protected] as soon as
possible. The company will review all applications immediately and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.