Position: We are in need of knowledgeable and enthusiastic Outfitting Manager who will act as a core member of the company’s management staff. The Outfitting Manager will be responsible for all outfitting related operations for multiple stores. The desired person will have a strong work ethic, is dependable and self-motivated to provide our customers with the highest level of service.
We offer a fun, but demanding, work environment that requires employees to be professional and work well with others on the “team”.
- Sell and book guided fishing trips and casting lessons with strong attention to detail.
- Work with various government entities to maintain our permitted fishing trips, from pre-season applications, to mid-season report maintenance, to end of season reporting.
- Certify and train new guides.
- Ensure contracted guides are well managed and exceptional ambassadors for JD High Country Outfitters.
- Develop and maintain a booking system for fishing trips and train floor staff in its use.
- Work with store manager(s) to ensure store is staffed for early morning trips, late returning trips, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy to promote our outfitting business, including partnerships developed with independent entities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key hotel and restaurant partners to promote our stores across all seasons.
- Ensure fishing reports are up to date and posted on all available outlets.
- Manage billing for all referral or booking business sent to our partners.
- Works parallel with manager, buyers and event coordinator to encourage growth and expansion of the fishing department (along with entire store).
- Assist customers with Domestic and International travel utilizing our partnership with Yellow Dog Fly Fishing.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Present yourself in professional manner
- Friendly, outgoing and able to work well with others
- Knowledge of fly fishing, flies and products
- Basic Computer skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Competency in marketing, including social media, strategies
- Multi Task in fast paced work environment
- Ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Outdoor industry experience
- Avid outdoor enthusiast
Compensation: Full time, year round salaried position.
- Health insurance benefits
- Paid time off.
- Performance based bonuses
Perks include equipment sales promotions and employee purchase programs. The biggest perk is living and working in one the best fly fishing destinations in the world.
How to Apply: Please send us your resume to begin the application process. Position finalists will be contacted for phone or in person interview, depending on your location. Resumes and any questions can be sent to [email protected]
About Us: Born of the merger of High Country Flies and Jack Dennis Sports, established in 1974 and 1972 respectively, we have been serving the needs of local and visiting anglers in the Jackson Hole area for over four decades. JD High Country Outfitters is founded on the principles of consistently offering the finest products in the industry, combined with an emphasis on knowledgeable staff and excellent customer service. Located on the town square in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, we are a complete Outdoor Store with Fishing, Hunting, Camping and Outdoor clothing departments.