What’s going on around here?
Well, as you can see, Angling Trade has built a brand new website, and has kicked off a string of semi-monthly newsletters… all with the intent of better serving the information needs of those who are involved in the business of fly fishing. Consider it an investment in the fly-fishing industry.
We did indeed pour a lot of money, time, and effort into all of this, and we hope you will see the benefits. Sure, there will be bugs to fix and this is a work in process, but we think you’re going to notice a positive difference. The only forum solely focused on the business of fly fishing in North America just got better, and here’s how:
- We’ve employed “responsive design,” which makes the site much more friendly for mobile devices. In doing our homework, we learned that 35 percent of our online readers are using mobile devices. Here are some links (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design, http://designmodo.com/responsive-design-examples/, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design#/media/File:Content-is-like-water-1980.jpg) that explain why responsive web design is better for all of us…
- The site is now much easier to navigate, helping you land on the specific information you want.
- The branding with the website is now more consistent with the print magazine. Think of Angling Trade as an integrated media resource now, rather than a quarterly magazine.
- We can put more news on the homepage as a result of the design.
- We can go down the path of straight-shot product reviews, as promised, and catalog those in a place where they’re easy to find and revisit.
- Better, faster search functions throughout.
- And by using the Mailchimp platform, our E-newsletters will also be far more mobile friendly.
THANK YOU to everyone who supported us in the transition, not the least of whom are our advertisers. They’re here, because they specifically wanted to support the effort to help fly fishing retailers have access to better, faster, more detailed information. And with their help, we’re going to make sure that happens.