From Cheeky Fly Fishing:
Cheeky Fly Fishing is seeking a Director of Business Operations (DBO) who will assume the principal leadership role and manage the day-to-day operations of the Company. In addition to daily responsibilities, the DBO will be responsible for creating, leveraging and driving strategic development opportunities to further grow the Company. The DBO will work regularly with and report to the Company’s Board of Directors, founders and investors to ensure appropriate direction and vision for the Company and its growth initiatives.
The right candidate for the Director of Business Operations position will be comfortable in all functions of business. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing new product development, production, inventory and working capital
- Marketing the brand through a variety of channels including social media, shows and events, the website, a newsletter and conventional advertising
- Coordinating with industry professionals including guides, sales representatives, distributors, non-profits and other partners
- Managing a multi-faceted distribution platform with an emphasis on a growing network of dealers
- Managing warehousing, order fulfillment and distribution
- Providing exceptional customer service including regular communication with customers, dealers and other partners
- Managing day-to-day finances, project and operating budgeting, and accounting
- Creating quarterly reports for the Board of Directors
- Exhibiting at trade shows and other industry events
Qualifications and Experience:
The right candidate will be an avid fly fisherman with prior experience working for a manufacturing company or product oriented brand in the fly fishing industry. A strong applicant would flourish in an entrepreneurial setting, and have exceptional problem solving skills, an ability to manage and tackle multiple issues simultaneously and take initiative independently. It is critical that the individual is highly motivated and has the ability to proactively seek strategic opportunities to grow the business. Cheeky Fly Fishing is looking for a candidate willing to make a commitment to lead the Company towards long-term growth. Other qualifications and experience criteria include but are not limited to:
- Strong leadership and uncompromising ethics
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to “get stuff done”
- A minimum of 2 years of professional work experience at a manufacturing company or product oriented brand in the fly fishing industry (more experience preferred)
- Motivated by a long-term career opportunity with an exciting and innovative Company
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Understanding of Quickbooks, Excel, and PowerPoint
Compensation will range from $40,000 to $50,000 annually based on experience and qualifications. Additionally, an equity stake in the Company based on a pre-determined vesting schedule and performance metrics may be considered commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job location is flexible within the Northeast. While the Company is currently headquartered in South Norwalk, CT and was founded and operated for three years from Boston, MA, the right candidate may be granted the opportunity to pursue office space and warehousing at the location of their choice after financial and Company interests are considered.
For more information on Cheeky Fly Fishing, please visit the Company’s website: http://www.cheekyflyfishing.com
Special Application Instructions:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Ted Upton at [email protected] and CC [email protected] as soon as possible. The application deadline is March 1, 2014, but all applicants will be reviewed by Cheeky Fly Fishing immediately and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.