The Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic vision, concepts, implementation, tracking, and reporting of all multi-media marketing within the Scientific Angler and Ross Reel businesses. The Marketing Manager will work to develop and deliver disciplined reporting of merchandising, marketing and web site usage (social and affiliates), develop data to support analysis and planning processes, item forecasting, web product placements, and management oversight of all implementation. This individual will document findings by monitoring key metrics and sales performance data to develop recommendations to optimize the product marketing opportunities now and into the future.
This position reports directly to the President of SA/Ross.
This position has a key communication role within the company and interfaces daily or routinely with:
- Distribution and Sales
- Advertising and Creative management (3rd party or in house)
- Orvis Marketing as needed
- Information Technology (IT)
- All executive leaders/managers within the company
- Key accounts/customers
Key Performance Measurements:
- Marketing that drives a 20% increase in Scientific Angler and Ross Reel sales through all distribution points.
- Develop disciplined merchandising and marketing reports which will create transparency and clarity on all marketing programs for the businesses.
- Strategically set the mission, vision, and tactics for marketing as a three year plan.
- Develop and implement search engine optimization and paid for programs that are monitored, reported against, and acted upon on a weekly basis.
- Develop an annual marketing calendar that includes events, foreign/domestic programs, and promotional events aimed at brand awareness and sales.
- Negotiate all collateral projects including workbooks, ad campaigns, promotional material, in store POP’s, both domestically and abroad. Prioritize and assign spend and campaigns to meet goals and budgets.
- Assure major account marketing plans are addressed and planned for.
- Work with merchants to draw conclusions and recommendation on analytic findings.
- Homepage usage/opportunities and performance reporting.
- Define e-commerce best practices through competitive analysis. Offer actionable recommendations to business partners based on these best practices.
- Updates to taxonomy to make sure items are in correct places, consolidate when stock gets low.
- E-mail reporting.
- Create web marketing plans and budgets.
- Develop set of merchandising and reporting best practices for promoting fly fishing products and promotions through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter as well as OLM programs such as SEO, paid placement, affiliates, and behavioral.
Skill Set Expectations:
- Good networking capabilities both internally and externally.
- High knowledge of web and marketing best practices.
- A risk taker and developer of new programs.
- Analytical knowledge of channel dynamics and insistent desire to develop full channel expertise
- Creative business thinker that supports/endorses the Scientific Angler and Ross Reel product philosophy and brand.
- Market/Industry expertise
- High personal integrity
- Skilled written and verbal communicator who enjoys/desires opportunities to internally and externally represent the business goals of their category teams. A skill and background in motivating personnel is required.
Interested parties can contact Jim Lepage at [email protected]