easy wave surfing and river maneuverability on non fishing days!
With Creek Company enjoying its best year in its 25-year history, the Osprey, introduced to rave reviews at 2012’s iCAST tradeshow. “It’s the first fishing-specific SUP design we’ve brought to the market and it’s already creating a lot of interest,” says The Creek Company president Chris Timmerman, whose office sits a cast away from the Yampa River. “It provides a great fishing platform for covering more water, better casting range and a higher sight line for better sight-fishing. Plus, it’s super fun to paddle.”
At 11’ long and 38” wide, the uber-stable Osprey lets you stand-up paddle to your favorite fishing flat with clear visibility and cast large flies with full range of motion to everything from tailing bonefish to rising trout. When you need a break or to change flies, you can sit on a cooler strapped amidships. It’s perfect for mountain lakes and rivers as well as coastal waters and bonefish flats. Plus, at only 38 lbs it’s also one of the most compact SUPs on the market, rolling up for easy car transport and garage storage back home or even airplane transport to your favorite fishing destination.
The Osprey will be available online and at most specialty outdoor retailers and fine tackle shops.
– Dimensions: 11’5” x 35” x 6”
– Hull made of double-layered 0.9mm PVC fitted with high-pressure, 15-psi valve for rigidity
– Extra large EVA foam deck pad for all day comfort and solid footing
– 2 small, fixed fins and 1 large, interchangeable/removable fin to adjust for variable conditions
– 3 precut, PVC pads for mounting Scotty accessories like rod holders and anchor drops
– Multiple D-rings and bungee cords for securing gear like a cooler/seat, dry-bags, etc.
– Sport tail and stomp pad for surf performance
– Center carry handle for single-person carry; dual bow and stern handles for two-person carry
– High Pressure Pump with pressure gauge
– Backpack/Storage Bag
– Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
– Overall Weight: 38 lbs
– MSRP $1,499.99
About Creek Company:
Founded in 1986, Creek Company is the world leader in personal fishing craft, pioneering the personal fishing craft industry with its original trademarked U-boat in 1991. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, the Steamboat Springs, Colo.-based company continues its market-leading position through innovative designs and user-friendly price points. www.creekcompany.com