Trout’s Fly Fishing is Denver, Colorado’s premier specialty fly fishing retailer with over 15 years experience in outfitting anglers from all over the country and beyond. Currently we are looking to find the ideal candidate to fill our General Manager position. As General Manager this individuals responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, management of store operations, guide service management, hiring and training of staff, staff scheduling, implementation of schools, implementation of unique events/programs, implementation of promotional channels, marketing, sales, inventory reporting, retail purchasing, retail budgeting and customer service.
Here is a list of minimum qualifications/ideal qualifications for this position:
• 3-5 years of retail management experience. Previous experience can be within or outside the fly fishing industry.
• Bachelors Degree in Tourism Enterprise, Marketing or Business Administration. (though a bachelors degree is not necessary, it is highly desired)
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of fly fishing. The more experience the better, but we’re looking for business qualifications over angling ability.
• Guiding and/or outfitting management experience.
• Proficiency with computers. Magento, Microsoft RMS, Expression Engine, Outlook, Excel, Word, Social Media.
• Inventory Management experience is a must. Ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of both physical and e commerce retail inventories.
• Previous retail and/or guest relations experience.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously.
• Ability to work in front of a computer for upwards of 6 hours.
• Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment.
• Ability to manage 3-5 additional employees.
This position of General Manager is a full-time, salaried position, with compensation and benefit packages being dependent upon level of previous work experience.
Submit resume with references along with a cover letter to:
1303 E. 6th Avenue
Denver, CO 80218