As most of you know, Angling Trade will coordinate the New Product Showcase at the International Fly Tackle Dealer show in New Orleans.
If you have new products you are planning to introduce in the following categories, please contact us:
Overall Best of Show
Best Wading Gear
Best Chest Pack/Vest
Best Youth-Specific Product
Best Women’s-Specific Product
Best Eco-Friendly Product
Best Rods – Freshwater & Saltwater
Best Reels – Freshwater & Saltwater
Best Personal Watercraft
Best Fly Lines – Freshwater & Saltwater
Best Fly Boxes/Storage System
Best Fly Tying/ Materials/Equipment
Best New Fly Pattern – Freshwater & Saltwater
Best Accessory (Dressings, Tools, etc.)
Best General Apparel
Best New Book
Best New DVD
Best Gift Item
We’re planning to pre-promote some of the contenders for “best in category” via the Angling Trade website, and also via our new partnership with MidCurrent, during the show. If you want your products to be considered for inclusion (meaning, if you want your product news to hit every fly tackle dealer in the country, IFTD attendees and otherwise, as well as the largest consumer fly fishing readership in America) we need to hear from you.
We will soon send an email with the specifications for a New Product Showcase “tent card” entry form which you will have to fill out and bring with you to IFTD.
Here’s what we’ll need:
Image of product not to exceed 2 MB
Product Description (100 words or less)
MSRP in US dollars
Please also note that exhibitors at IFTD will have an opportunity to make a 45-60-second video presentation about their products at the time they drop them off at the New Product Showcase in New Orleans, on Wednesday, August 17, between 8:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. These product videos will be shown on MidCurrent.com.
Here are the rules governing IFTD’s New Product Showcase:
* You must be an exhibitor and in attendance at IFTD.
* No more than two products per category and that same product can only be entered into two product categories max.
* Companies can drop off products between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Wednesday August 17 at the NPS.
* Products must be picked up by 5 p.m. – one hour after the show closes on Saturday. If products are left they will be considered “donated.”
* Voting is limited to retailers attending IFTD, and media attendees (one vote per company), between the start of the show on Thursday August 18 and 2:30 p.m. on Friday August 19. Winners will be announced at the Party on the Pond @ 6 p.m. on Friday August 19. Angling Trade and MidCurrent will announce winners on their websites shortly thereafter.
* Exhibitors are not allowed in NPS during voting hours.
* Exhibitors may not “explain” products in the NPS area. Product presentations are to be conducted in exhibitor booths.
* Theft – all products are left at manufacturers risk… Angling Trade will staff the showcase at all times and do our best to safeguard products, but we are not liable for any thefts.
Thanks, and good luck… contact [email protected] with any questions.