From Southwick Associates…
For years, Southwick Associates’ monthly Hunter Survey, Shooter Survey and Angler Survey reports have set the benchmark for reliable data used by nonprofit organizations and outdoor product manufacturers to understand the participation and purchasing decisions of consumers and constituents. The type of information available in these reports is critical to leaders looking to grow their markets and improve their programs and profitability. Now, outdoor media outlets, as well as ad buyers looking for the best outlets through which to sell their message, can get that same detailed information as it relates to the media usage habits of hunters, shooters and anglers through the new Southwick Associate’s Media Monitor (SAMM).
SAMM presents the results of an online panel that tracks hunter, shooter and angler media consumption particularly in the areas of outdoor magazines, television and internet (websites and social media). The ultimate goal of the report is to measure the type and amount of media usage among sportsmen and match their purchasing preferences to specific media programs and titles. Never before has this been available.
“This data is invaluable to outdoor television show producers, print and online publishers and ad buyers who want or need to better understand where outdoor enthusiasts obtain most of their information and how it affects their purchasing decisions,” says Rob Southwick, president of Southwick Associates.
Information will be available for hunters, anglers and shooters separately. A sampling of the types of information available in each standard report includes:
- The types of media sources (television, magazines and online) used by sportsmen for outdoor information or entertainment.
- Ratings for national and regional fishing, hunting and shooting-related magazines, television shows, websites and social media sites.
- Results will be provided for all hunting, fishing and shooting shows on national and major regional sports and outdoor networks.
In addition to the standard reports, customized reports can be provided to help companies:
- Track media usage by consumers of its brand vs. competing brands.
- Understand the purchasing habits and demographics for different types of outdoor media users (television vs. magazines vs. online users, by species, by preferred types of hunting, fishing or shooting, etc).
- Profile the demographics and outdoor habits for nearly every outdoor television program.
Southwick Associates can work with individual publishers and editors, producers, network executives, research departments and others to develop customized reports that best fit their company’s needs. Through SAMM and its extensive outdoor informational databases, Southwick Associates can help specify a particular media outlet’s demographics, types of activities enjoyed by their viewers or readers, types of equipment, brand names and price points of related products purchased and even stores and websites where these purchases most often take place.
SAMM will be available in early June and will be produced quarterly with an annual summary at the end of each year. For pricing or more information on purchasing SAMM report, contact Mr. Courtney Olson at [email protected] or (303) 955-2194.