APPLICATION TO BECOME AN AFFTA BOARD MEMBER
- Do you want to be a leader in the fly fishing industry and help make decisions that will shape the future of fly fishing for years to come?
- Are you passionate about our industry, conservation and the recruitment of new fly fishing participants?
- You must be an eligible AFFTA member in good standing
- You must commit to the time and resources required to fulfill your duties as an AFFTA Board Member; including attending three meetings per year, and participating in numerous conference calls and email exchanges to facilitate the efforts of the board at large and individual committees. AFFTA Board members are volunteers and are not reimbursed for their time, travel, or per diem expenses.
- You must support AFFTA’s mission of promoting the sustained growth of the fly fishing industry.
- To be considered for a board position, AFFTA members must submit a one-page bio to the AFFTA Corporate Office no later than August 1, 2009. The bio must address the following topics:
- Why do you want to serve on American Fly Fishing Trade Association board?
- What AFFTA initiatives are most important to you?
- What specific skills and experience would you bring to the American Fly Fishing Trade Association board?
- Description of your involvement in the fly fishing industry to-date?
Completed bios can be submitted by email: email@example.com, faxed to 303-604-6162, or by mail: American Fly Fishing Trade Association, 901 Front St., Suite B-125, Louisville, CO 80027.
A copy of Board Member nominees’ bio and a voting ballot will be sent to the AFFTA membership on August 6, 2009. Ballots are due back to the AFFTA Corporate Office on or before August 31, 2009. Votes will be tallied on September 1, 2009 and the top four vote recipients will be become new AFFTA Board Members.New Board Members take office at the Board of Directors meeting conducted at Fly Fishing Retailer Expo in Denver in September 2009.